Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Another Exploding Box

I really like these exploding boxes, they're unique and fun.
I made two more with Christmas in mind, they're both the same-- Candy Cane Stripes with green accents.

Here's the finished product from the outside:
A nice, simple box...


 But open it up...



And the box falls open to reveal these fun layers inside: 


I think these would be great as a special and unique way to wrap a small Christmas gift or Holiday treats.
But, I've also seen these exploding boxes used a mini photo albums. Place a different photo or sentiment on each layer and it would make a creative way to preserve your memories.

And just for fun... here's a progress shot: 
This is what the lids looked like after I attached the green trim around the edges. I though it looked funny, and was worth taking a picture.

Anyway, you can buy one or both of these boxes here, in my etsy shop. Or if you want an exploding box with a different twist leave a comment or convo me on etsy- I would love to create a custom box for you!

1 comment:

PaperVine said...

Your exploding box looks really great. I can't believe everyone is thinking of Christmas already but I saw a tree today!!
Thanks for sharing
Lowri :-)
http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/