Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Yo-yo Hair clips

I've shown a couple different kinds of hair clips, but here's another variation. These are made using yo-yo's. I'm sure everyone knows how to make a yo-yo, but if you don't, you can buy them premade at Joann's (which since they are so easy would be a waste of money, I think), or there is a really easy tutorial here at Heather Bailey's Blog.

They're so fast and easy, and you can use these beauties for a million things!
Anyway, For the hair clips, I used the same clips, and covered them the same way I did before,
But instead of gluing silk flowers onto the hair clip, I just used my glue gun to glue the yo yo's to the clip. Of course, if you're sewing the button into the middle, you want to do that before you glue it down.


I used a black and white quarter flat for the fabric, And I made four yo yo's, in two different sizes. I layered the smaller yo yo on top of the lager one. I sewed the button through both of the yo yos, so they were all held together, and then glued them down. That's all I had to do, I think the yo yo clips might be my favorites!

3 comments:

Carol L said...

These YoYo hair clips are adorable! I have a friend who made quilts from these and your idea is too clever! TFS!

Enfys said...

What a great idea, love them, and thanks for the link. I have seen them in packs at Joannes, and resisted them because of the price, but now I can copy yours if you don't mind!
hugs
En x

Mary said...

These are so cute. I'll have to try making some. Thanks for the idea.